2.27.2005

Ohio's Odd Numbers

On the heels of Bush's meeting with the neo-fascist Putin comes the new Christopher Hitchens article in Vanity Fair: Ohio's Odd Numbers. I'm not sure how hypocritical Bush is when it comes to democracy; it's hard to gauge the depth of a bottomless pit. But what Hitchens has to say made me ill. I hope to hell he's wrong.
"Machines were put in place with no sampling to make sure they were 'in control' and no comparison studies," she explained. "The code of the machines is not public knowledge, and none of these machines has since been impounded." In these circumstances, she continued, it's possible to manipulate both the count and the proportions of votes.
FYI: Compare the results in non-swing states to those in swing states (via Sludge.) I can't vouch for the accuracy of the data, but I'm sure you can check it easily enough. If it is accurate, it's extremely curious.

No comments: