2.24.2005

My Perfect Man

My uncle in California sent me the following message this morning:
Finding some time on my hands yesterday afternoon, I checked craigslist (http://losangeles.craigslist.org) to see some of the postings which routinely crack me up or make me sad. I especially enjoy the "women looking for men" wherein every woman is looking for a male model, over 6', under 35, with dark hair and a great body. It doesn't matter how unattractive the woman is, that's what she expects. I decided to write my own ad including some of the common clichéd requirements and post it (see attached). You would not believe the responses I got. They fell into three categories:

1. Guys who are obviously short, over 35, balding with poor builds who were enraged;

2. Clueless guys who sent a picture and a come-on and

3. Guys who got it and appreciated the humor.

What amazed me is how few got it. I guess I should have added the Homer Simpson line, "In case you didn’t know it, I was being sarcastic!"

If I have time later today, I want to write another ad which would be from a gal thanking the "older guy" who helped her with her car this afternoon, "but I think I may have left my panties in your car" and, "It may not be a big deal to you, but I'm on a scholarship and my parents can only afford to give me a small allowance, so I just can't afford to lose a pair of panties" and so on. "If you see this and can write to me, I'll give you my address so you can mail them back to me. Don't worry about laundering them; we've got washing machines here in the dorm." Whuddya think? Any creative ideas would be appreciated.

Do I have too much time on my hands or what? Oh mercy, it’s just too much fun.
You can view the ad live here or download the PDF here.

No comments: