5.30.2005

No Internet for You!

As I write this, I'm sitting on my bed with the keyboard in my lap. It's surprisingly comfortable, though I prefer a desk. But my desk, along with the rest of the furniture, is no longer here. We moved all of it to the new place yesterday; now we're busy packing boxes of books and food and miscellany, soon to move those and the pets to the new place. We're kind of in a rush because the self-absorbed owner of this house notified us a week ago that she was having the place fumigated, which means that those wishing to remain alive must vacate the premises for the next two days. This would be less of a problem if our Internet, phone and cable provider weren't understaffed. The point? No telecom for me until Friday, at the earliest. Meantime, Mystery Reporter 1 has graciously agreed to fill the void by guest-blogging. Others may follow; we'll see. Anyway, enjoy. See you at the end of the week.

No comments: