11.08.2006

Whew...

After yesterday's ass-whoopin' that we gave the gee oh pee, I'm supposed to be elated. But I'm not. I'm relieved--extremely relieved. It's the same feeling I got after finishing long, complicated projects or term papers. Maybe I'm feel a tinge of elation if we take the Senate. If nothing else, we narrowed the gap and put what amounts to a Congressional flood gate in government. Anybody feel the same way?

On a side note, newly minted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (can't we have Boxer?) declared that this Congress would be "the most honest, most open, most ethical Congress in history." I guess that means none of them will be showing up for work in January....

On another side note, from here on out, things are gonna get fugly. Fortunately, in a Hegelian dialectical reversal, to Democrats fugly = beeyooteefull.

No comments: