6.23.2008

Quiero Hondurans

The other day I was looking at a house I'll probably buy. After touring it, my realtor and a friend of mine were sitting on the porch, discussing options, when the issue of renovation crews came up. I mentioned that my friend Geoffrey had a crew of Hondurans whom he'd paid to help renovate another place, but he would trust them only with gutting and so forth. Then my realtor, who has a construction company, said she has expert Hondurans who do finishing and detail work. My friend Brad, who's married to a Honduran, then chimed in with, "I have Hondurans too. They're great with tile." Oddly, I know another couple who "has Hondurans." Hondurans are in abundance these days. If economic trends continue, perhaps one day Hondurans in Tegucigalpa will "have Americans" to renovate their homes.

No comments: