4.27.2005

The Future Will Be Better Tomorrow

I've been in a despairing mood all evening. Even Jon Stewart didn't help. But Dan Quayle did. Laurie Anderson has a long list of favorites. Remember these hits?
  • If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
  • The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
  • Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.
  • I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.
  • The future will be better tomorrow.
  • People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.
  • I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.
  • We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.
  • It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

No comments: