Our astute AP reporter neglected to mention that:
- The first wave of attacks targeted media outlets. Why?
- The second wave targeted two Democrats, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D., S. Dakota) and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D., Vermont), both of whom were carefully examining the pending Patriot Act and expressing the unlikelihood that they would pass it.
- When Ivins' brother "sang like a canary" to the Feds, what did he say?
- What would Ivins' motive have been? Does anyone know or claim to know?
- What would Ivins have been trying to accomplish?
- Why, if Ivins did it, did he perform the alleged attacks so soon after 9/11? Did he merely take advantage of the situation? (If so, see #3).
- Could Ivins, if guilty, have been subcontracting for another entity? (If so, see #2.)
*Bububut there haven't been any terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11! Oh, wait....
UPDATE: Brad Friedman has a long post on the coverage of today's story.